IPPO Cities Event #7
Urban intelligence: how are cities using evidence and data to improve decision-making?
Thursday 8th July (3 pm – 4 pm BST)
The pandemic saw cities and regions make innovative use of evidence, data, modelling, and other forms of knowledge when formulating their responses.
This event will highlight examples of good practice, lessons learned, and other takeaways for urban and regional policymakers.
Questions the event will consider include:
- How did city policymakers use intelligence to take decisions during the pandemic?
- What worked and why? What was less successful?
- Which lessons can cities apply to future crises and everyday decision-making?
Speakers will include:
- Maryanne Schretzman, Executive Director, Center for Innovation through Data Intelligence, City of New York
- Mike Eakins, Intelligence and Policy Manager, Leeds City Council
- Dr. Aurel von Richthofen, Arup Germany, ETH-Singapore Centre
- Mar Santamaria, Co-Founder, 300.000 km/s, Barcelona
This is an online event that will be held via Zoom. The event is hosted by IPPO Cities – part of the International Public Policy Observatory – and supported by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
Sign up for the Eventbrite for this event here.
For more information on this and other IPPO Cities activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Check back here soon for news of more IPPO Cities events throughout 2022.
- Click here for information about the International Public Policy Observatory’s upcoming events.